Catch up on the details for Century's Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremony.
Dear Century Families,
This is my second graduation letter to you as our original plan for mini-ceremonies was not allowed to happen. I believe my message is worth repeating.
This year is unlike any other in Century’s history. As we live through this pandemic, I have seen so many acts of kindness, compassion, and giving by our students. The Class of 2020 has been outstanding and we want nothing more than to give our seniors who have met the requirements for graduation the ceremony they have earned. While we are not able to honor this rite of passage in the traditional sense, we do have a celebration planned to honor their academic and scholarly accomplishments while focusing on the health and safety of one another. In addition to our ceremony, the Rochester Public Schools will be creating a video including all graduates and speeches!
Below, you will find the details for Graduation 2020.
When: Friday, May 29th from 4:00-7:00 PM
Where: Century High School Campus
How: Graduation Drive-Up (Wear Your Cap and Gown)!
Review the map for specific directions. Adherence to the map and expectations will ensure a rich experience for all.
- Vehicles will go to Cassidy Drive (just east of CHS stadium). Please stay to the right to allow normal traffic to flow.
- Take a left onto 26th Street (by tennis courts).
- Take a left on road between CHS stadium and National Volleyball Center.
- Take a right at point “A” and then head towards the main entrance.
- Follow through the front circle and exit out onto Viola Road.
Points A, B, and C on Map:
- Point A. Graduates will give their name to CHS staff member. If possible, graduates will move to the passenger side of the vehicle.
- Point B. If willing, graduates will exit their vehicle at this point.
- Point C. Graduates will walk from point B to point C. At point C, students will step on stage and receive their diploma from Mr. Fogarty. While walking up, student’s name will be read. If graduate chooses to not exit their vehicle, Mr. Fogarty will hand their diploma to graduate through the vehicle’s window.
Health and Safety Expectations:
- Masks: CHS Staff will wear masks.
- One-Graduate: One graduate at a time will exit their vehicle. Students should only be exiting at Point A (to switch seats if needed) and Point B and walk to Point C.
- Only-Graduates: Only graduates are allowed out of their vehicle. All other family members and guests, please stay in your vehicle.
- One-Vehicle: Only one vehicle per graduate/family.
- Driving and Patience: Please adhere to the map and follow the arrows, CHS staff directions, and the expectations of this letter. It may take some time to get all graduates through the line. Please use patience and give your family time to enjoy the moment.
Finally, I want to say thank you. Thank you for your resilience, patience, and adaptability. Together, we can create a very memorable experience that we can all look back on and be grateful for our time together.
Principal, Century High School